Monday 21 November 2011

"It's just another manic monday, I wish it were Sunday, 'cos that's my funday" The Bangles

Ok. Lets clear the air. I have been a bad, bad blogger. I could give you all the reasons why. But the reasons even bore me. Onward and upward.

Today was yet another drag-your-feet Monday and, like most people, I was coming home from work completely exhausted this Monday evening. Monday evenings = many, many people scooting about getting any type of processed nutrition-sapped food they can so that they don't have to cook. I understand the urge. Who could be bothered spending time in the kitchen on a Monday night? But really, it doesn't have to be difficult. This little dish is so easy and so versatile, but full of flavour. All variations can be made in 10 minutes flat. And I don't mean 10 minutes cooking time. I mean 10 minutes from the minute you get the ingredients out of the fridge to the minute you sit on the couch with your steaming bowl of yum.

Chorizo Vegie Bowl
Serves 1

1/2 small Chorizo finely chopped
3 Brussel Sprouts, quartered
1 cup Broccoli florets
8-10 Cherry Tomatoes, halved
2tsp Sunflower Seeds

Steam the greens for 2 - 3 minutes. Keep them a bit crunchy.
Meanwhile, brown Chorizo in a pan, then add tomatoes.

Place greens in with Chorizo mix, add Sunflower Seeds and toss until mixed well and heated through. Serve.
The dish can easily be changed to suit whatever you have in the fridge. Sometimes if I have leftover BBQ Chicken and Brussel Sprouts only I will add half a teaspoon of chilli and a roughly chopped garlic clove to replace the heat and intense flavor that the Chorizo gives. Add the greens and tomatoes and you have a different flavor all together. Easy, delicious, healthy.

Get creative and just say no to 'junk food' that shows your precious little body no love at all! Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment